Also I did run last night, woot me. One of my better runs in a while. Still on the slow side, but I'm running longer without breaks and it's better then just sitting on the couch.
Didn't help that while it's cool in the basement, theres no air circulation. But on to the pictures that sum up today....
Then I had to go take my car to our mechanic to fix my air conditioner, of course it goes out when were getting 90 degree weather. While he worked on it, I did my two mile run before it got to hot out.
Now, on doctors orders, I'm icing my calf 20 min before my workouts and 20 min after my workouts along with an additional icing 1-3 more times during the day. I have what looks like a localized edema, which is in the side of my calf. The really confusing part about it, is theres no pain at the site of swelling or around it. And usually if theres no pain that means there should be numbness but I don't have that either. It's been there for 7-8 weeks now. I just now could get into the doctor for a couple of reasons. It happened only a week to a week and a half before I left for Scotland. Went to my chiropractor for an adjusting and she thought it was because of my running and turning out my foot. So I had orders of fluid, elevation and just walking. I kept to that, after a two weeks in Scotland it still didn't disappear so I scheduled an app for when I got back. I'm taking 800 mg of Ibuprofen 3 times a day with meals to help the swelling and am getting a compression sleeve for the calf to use as well. If it persists for 2 weeks I have to go in for an X-ray to see if we can figure out whats exactly going on. I mentioned to my doctor that I was doing this workout, and while she at first wasn't for sure if I should still do it, I did mentioned doing nothing for the 6 weeks did nothing to take down the swelling and I really was itching to stay active. She gave me the orders of icing it, as well as to stop immediately if it gets worse or becomes painful and to come in if that happens as well. I will stick to those orders, I'm not stupid. Messing up my leg could set my progress back a lot. So bodily health comes first, but I've not had any additional swelling the last two days nor any pain. I didn't have any the first 3 days or during any runs, so I think I'll be fine. The swelling hasn't gotten larger, but it hasn't gotten smaller either since I started working out. I'm only on day two of the ibuprofen so we need to wait a little longer to see if that starts helping and tomorrow is when I'll get a compression sleeve for my calf. Okay now that that info is out of the way, back to how the run went!
Once I got back, before showering I made my shakeology.
Yet another day of the yummy snickerdoodle. I really need to find some more vanilla recipes but I keep forgetting to look, and a lot of the ones I've come across want you to add matcha powder to them. Mines in the mail. So overall I believe the day has been a great success and week one has been a great beginning and will give me some great results. I'm already noticing I'm feeling much better then I had at the beginning of the summer. I'm more refreshed, sleep is deeper, I'm more energized, able to wake up easier and the workouts are building my strength. I feel a difference in how I hold myself and how I feel my stomach is no longer bloating out when I'm relaxed. It feels it's laying flatter and I may have lost an inch or so. But I won't take measurements early, while I weigh myself daily I don't wanna spoil the measurement surprise.
There are my end of the pictures, woot woot burned 1000 calories today. That's always a great feeling. Now I'm off to bed. Another 6:30 am roll call. I really enjoy waking up early and getting the workout done before work. It leaves me no excuses but to get it done, and then leaves after work to either relax and rest or do other things I need to do. Monday I'll get some more food prepping done for the coming weeks. Night all!
great day!
ReplyDelete