Any who, started the day out bright and early. 6:30 am rise and shine, and trust me I am not a morning person. If I were to be thankful of just getting back from Scotland that would be the reason why, 6:30 am here is 11:30 there. So it was almost as if I slept in instead of waking up at the but crack of dawn.
Got in my official beginning weight 258.0, I am sooooo proud of that number for different reasons. While it is still not a healthy number to be at, it means since April I have lost a total of 22 pounds, and it means I'm only 18 pounds from my short term goal of 240 by September! Then I proceeded to take my before measurements. I also last night took my before pictures... I will add them just because it's something that is apart of the process and I know it will motivate me to lose more weight. It will motivate me because I don't want to look like that in pictures anymore and by solidifying that is what I look like now, I'm admitting I want to change and this is how and when it happens. So on to the dreaded before pictures...


Sorry the lighting is bad, best I could do at my house. But it shows what I'm starting with. blah. I hate that, but this is why I'm changing it. Because I want those photos to be before photos, and to stay as before and past tense photos.
My measurements are as listed:
Chest 38.8 in
Waist 50.5 in
Hips 50.9 in
R. Arm 17.5 in
L. Arm 17.3 in
R. Thigh 30.3 in
L. Thigh 30.2 in
Total inches : 235.5
So now all the dreaded and very important before things are done, on to the fun focusing on the future part of this program. So, where was I? hmm oh yes, I woke up earlier then early and then did my official before weight and measurements. Then came workout time! I totally find an issue in doing my workouts later in the day or after work, cause I tend to try and excuse my tired body out of them. So, by working out before my mind catches up to what I'm doing, I can relax later in the day instead of dreading having to work in a workout.
Day 1's workout was the Total Body Cardio Fix, and my my my was it a full body cardio. 30 minutes later and my abs where not allowing me to eat breakfast and I was sweeting up a storm with sore arms trying to lead my water bottle to my mouth.
<---- sweaty selfie proof.I was over heating, and it doesn't help I'm a natural furnace to begin with. Working out in anything but shorts and a sports bra is probably not gonna happen, sorry not sorry and I know its not pretty but working hard to lose weight is all I care about at this point. So after doing the 30 minute body ass kicking workout (mind you over 12 hours later my legs are dying, but that could be the extra squats throughout the day I added in), I ate a snack of hard boiled eggs seasoned with paprika and a little chili powder for a kick. Taking up my first Red container, Woot woot! I also drank 25 oz's of water by this time too.
yummy deliciousness right there!I ate one before I figured out my body wasn't cooled down enough to handle food then went on a 2.5 mile walk. I planned to only go two miles, but the extra half mile was so I could hatch a couple pokemon. Hehe, so it was worth it. This set me back in time a little bit, but I finished my second egg once back with no problem along with another 25 ounces of water. So as you can imagine I collected a little smell by then. So on to the shower I went. I got dressed for work and packed my lunch and snack, and then created my masterpiece of a shakeology breakfast smoothie (though I forgot ice so no wonder it was a little liquidy then I was use too).\

This baby takes up 1 red (shakeology), 1 green (spinach), 1 purple (mixed Michigan frozen fruit blend), 1 yellow (16 oz of Almond milk, but how a 1 carb almond milk takes place of a carb still amazes me), 2 grey (2 teaspoons of peanut butter, note teaspoons not tablespoons), and finally 1 orange (Chia Seeds).
So I guess for those who don't know the 21 day fix program I should do a quick summary. Instead of counting calories, you end up counting food groups and by eating so much of each section it puts you within your calorie goal of the day anyways. So my goal calories with my weight would technically be 2488, {[(weight x 11) + 400] - 750 = calorie goal}. But I've been on average on a calorie goal of 1800 or so calories so instead of rounding mine down to fit plan D, I went to plan C. So Plan A is 1200-1499 cals, B is 1500-1799, C is 1800-2099, and finally D is 2100-2300. If at any point I'm hungry even after all of my containers are used up I can just add in an extra veggie for the day to fill in place of my plan. But overall I'm trying to stick to C as much as I can. C allows me to have 5 green containers, 3 Purple containers, 5 red containers, 4 yellow containers, 1 blue container, 1 orange container, and finally 5 teaspoons of either oils or nut butters (colored by grey). I think that explains everything to do with 21 day fix that you'll need to know about my blogging here so to continue with the day!
So I take my shakeology and packed lunch with snacks off to work with me. While overall being a cashier at a gas station is not normally body intensive but it is a lot of standing and become painfully for your feet if your not use to it. As I'm getting back into the groove, lets just say my feet disliked me greatly today. Along with a headache that plagued me throughout the day. Courtney had me join a challenge today that every time we went to the bathroom, we had to do 10 sumo squats. At this point at 9:45 pm I've done 50 throughout the day. Remember my comment on achy legs, squats will do that.
My shake held my hunger at bay until lunch time, and then I ate one of those lovely filling meals I made last night. I forgot to take a picture since I was super hungry, but heres an image I posted yesterday of them. You know, incase you missed their gloriousness.

Thats two greens, one red, and a yellow. I also drank one more water before lunch so that puts my water count for the day up to 75 oz at 12:30 today.
By this time I think I'd done two sets of squats, quite the entertainment for us.
improper form trying to figure out to photograph while squatting. But when not focusing on capturing my good angle *snort* my form was proper. hahaI waited until 3:30 ish to have my fruit snacks. Yet again forgot a picture while at work but heres the one I have prepped for tomorrow....
This took up two purples, and finished my fruit for the day. I could choose to eat each fruit separate or together like I did today. I just new with shift changing at 3, that trying to get two snacks in at 2 and 4 was going to be hard with how busy we were. So I just ate the double fruit as a whole snack.
I drank another water before that snack and finished of one last one before leaving. That put my water count to 125 oz when leaving work. I'm nursing a final 25 ozs right now as I write. I only have to drink 130 oz per day, so this final one isn't necessary but I really like water so drink away I go.
Earlier in the day I talked to my lovely father about dinner ideas, and showed him the Pepper casserole idea we were given for our group as a meal to make. He liked it, and here I thought he'd have it a least in the oven by the time I got home at 6. Well luck wasn't on my side, he was just a little hung over from the night before haha. So I didn't end up eating until 8:40 tonight since I had to go to the store for some peppers to complete the recipe. I subbed in wild rice instead of white, the recipe called for brown or white. But since we didn't have brown and white's one of the worst you can have while eating healthy I used the wild rice. It tasted great, just the rice probably should have been precooked in the wild rice case, as it's a heartier rice and didn't cook all the way through during the hour of cooking the recipe called for. But besides that, look at this glorious beast!
pre cookedThe container count per serving equals: 1 red, 1/2 green, 1/2 yellow, and 1/2 a Blue. And a Serving Size equals a Red container, which I believe translates to around a 3/4 cup. Something like that. So since I still had 2 red, 2 green, 2 yellow, and 1 blue left in my container count for the day and we didn't have any other veggies or sides with the meal I felt fine doing a double portion.
I found an awesome free counter app provided by beachbody and am using that to keep track during the day.
So I ended with a Veggie, a Carb and 3 teaspoons still available. So my food stayed in check and I'm very proud of my first day of this program. I'm excited to see where it takes me in 20 more days. My activity tracker was very happy with me as well...
Almost doubled my move goal (pink, refers to calorie burn. I have it set at a daily goal of at least 500 right now as I was having trouble hitting my 650 goal from weeks previous), will probably hit 15000 steps before the end of the day, did 58 min of exercise (the green bar in the circle) and stood actively for a minute for 15 hours of the day (the small blue circle). A successful day one, and I would rate it a 5/5. Tomorrow I close, so I won't wake up as early, and will probably do a mini post before work, not post after and update the end of tomorrow the next day, before closing again.
Until then! Any questions or advice, or even words of encouragement, please feel free to comment or message me!
No comments:
Post a Comment