So not only did jet lag kick in and the late night kick my but (Our registers needed technical support so I was stuck there till past one), but oh baby did the soreness kick in. To boot, that day was leg day. I was not a happy camper. I could barely crawl up the stairs, and yet this program expected me to do a leg day workout.... Ugh. However, I pushed through it... and succeeded.
<-- even smiled for the photo.That leg out was a killer. I was sweating so profusely, it was very unbecoming of a lady. However, that makes it very becoming for weightloss so woot woot for me.
decent calorie burn for a leg workout.So even with insanely sore legs, I somehow pulled through a workout of lunges, squats, and I don't even remember what else. I didn't however walk, I figured they were sore enough that they deserved a small break. Plussssss there was a storm going on outside at that time and I didn't want to over heat on the treadmill. It was 12:30ish by that time anyways, and I'd had grapes before the workout but that was it. So I looked up a new shakeology recipe, and made a snickerdoodle drink while writing the grocery list. Lots of veggies and fruits took up that list.
One of the best drinks I've had of shakeology so far.The recipe is, Vanilla Shakeology (Red), 1 Cup Almond Milk (.5 Yellow), 2 tsp of Cinnamon (freebie), 1 tsp of vanilla extract (freebie), 1 tsp of peanut butter (1 grey), and finally 1 tsp of Honey (freebie of up to 2-3 in a day). * I added in a cup of water as well so as to water down the cinnamon a little and fill me up more.
Then, because of the soreness I broke down and did something I haven't had to do since High School. I took an Ice bath to help with the soreness in my legs.
oh was it cold. *brrrr*I had to call my mom to distract me enough to sit in it for the full 10 minutes. But I did, and in the long run I'm really glad I had taken it. My legs were a lot better later that night, when compared to the night before I was so stiff and achy I could barely walk. I then went and got the credit card from dad (hehehe) and went grocery shopping. By the time I got back from that and made a veggie side, it was time for me to leave. I made a Veggie Stir-fry dish that you can find in the 21 day fix recipes. It was delicious. I ended up using Chinese five spice seasoning on mine, instead of the Mediterranean seasoning the recipe originally called for.
I packed up two cups of it to go with two cups of that pepper casserole. They melded deliciously and filled me up so much.
The stir fry is equal parts; carrots, asparagus, onion and red pepper. With a teaspoon of olive oil per 1/4 cup to fry. The recipe was done in 1/4 cups, so I just chopped up 1 cup of it all and made 4 servings.I packed a nectarine, banana, another tuna and egg, and my chicken and baked veggies as well to take to work. I ended up not even eating my extra protein of tuna and egg. I was just too full. It made no sense.
So my day finished looking as so....
So that day was another solid 5/5. I wasn't even tempted with any of the junk food in the store, and even instead of adding my mio to flavor my water just had a lemon in water the whole night.
I'll make another post for day four to keep constant on separate posts per day.
No comments:
Post a Comment